Thursday, November 16, 2006

Wooly Mail

Yay! In the mail last night arrived the second pound of wool from Three Elms Farm. Sheep is for scale. Wow are these ever huge! And not to be weird, but they smell good too. Not like the soap, but just a sweet sheepy smell. (The lighting makes them seem to be slightly different colors, but that is just due to a combination of light bulbs and cold, rainy NewEngland light.)

You may also notice the 2 bars of peppermint soap from the same source. I am such a mint fanatic, that I couldn't resist the new scent given how much my partner and I both loved the Misty's other soaps. They don't have a huge lather (which I find tends to be drying), but are so moisturizing and wonderful. The scents are boy-friendly too for the most part, which met with my SOs approval.

I have a bunch of different ideas of what to do with this roving. I want to try needle felting, but that shouldn't take much with what I have in mind. The natural color should really take to dyeing though, which should be interesting for spinning. I was just bemoaning that I couldn't find yarn in the variety of earth tones I was imagining for my life-partner R. I guess this is motivation to do some experimentation.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled that you like it!! I'm subscribing to your blog so I can see what you do with it. :)

16/11/06 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home