Friday, November 03, 2006

FO: Seaman's Cap

Yarn: GemsTopaz in Pewter
Fiber Content: 100% superwash merino
Supplier: Woolcott & Co.
Pattern: Seaman's Cap
Needles: Addi Turbo US 6 circulars (magic loop), Clover US 6 DPNs

I actually bought this yarn (albeit on sale) for this purpose. Shocking!

Since it is the end of the growing season, our CSA is having a potluck party this weekend. I wanted to make something for our incredibly energetic volunteer coordinator as a thank you for all of his hard work this season. And knowing that he too does not drive, I figured warm winter gear would be a practical gift.

I am completely in love with this yarn. It is real a pleasure to work with. The color is very male friendly; in fact my SO has requested on just like it. And the care instructions don't leave me overly concerned about washing mishaps.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great project! You can't go wrong with a hat as a gift here in Boston.

4/11/06 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly are a busy knitter. All of your projects turn out so well.

4/11/06 2:43 PM  
Blogger omly said...

Thank you Daryl, but I am afraid that there will less knitting time for me for a while, as I am trying to spend more of my evening hours writing my thesis.

4/11/06 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hat and a beautiful yarn!

-Moosey (your secret pal)

5/11/06 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a very beautiful hat this is! It looks so soft and warm and cozy, and I absolutely love the color of the yarn! Fantastic job!

5/11/06 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home