Tuesday, October 24, 2006

CMP ATC 1

This weekend I managed to finish my first Artist Trading Card for the Creative Mom Podcast (CMP) exchange. Unlike the other card that I am working on (currently a sketch of a bamboo pot) that I have labored on and reconsidered countless times, I just sat down and completed this one in a short period. It is of a monarch butterfly and done in Cray-pas. I didn't even sketch first, just went right at it.

I surprised myself by really liking the media. I hadn't used it since I was in elementary school, but in many ways it reminds me of a slightly less ephemeral version of working in charcoal. I definately have a lot of room for improvement, but I enjoyed the process a great deal and look forward to doing more with it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home