Sunday, November 05, 2006

Fall Marker Sketch

This moleskine page was an experiment on many levels.

First of all, this was the first page that I had prepped with paint before use. I actually prepped it a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to using it. I used a combination of 2 different acrylic paints I had in my art stash.

Also this picture was some experimentation with new markers (Kuretake ColorBrush Twins Watercolor Markers) that I had picked up at Spark Craft Sudio on friday. The imags was compiled from photographs from a stack of magazines and newspapers while I was sitting in the Porter Square Bookstore. My daughter's favorite part of this picture is the rainbow, which was just a priliminary test to see how the colors blended together.

I have been wanting to play with color more, but at the same time I am slightly intimidated by what seems like a more complicated technique than working in grayscale. Despite that, these markers were a lot of fun to work with. I love how easily they blend to give a softer quality than I think of from markers usually.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home