Friday, November 17, 2006

Greece

I wasn't going to post this drawing, but I was so amused that I had been playing with the idea of stamps (not creating my own though) that after Amy posted the prompt for Episode 23 I changed my mind.

The stamp was one of a set we picked up recently. I had heard a little bit about coloring the stamp with different colors using brush markers instead of a solid ink pad, and I had wanted to try it out. This drawing of the Winged Victory of Samothrace (house in the Louvre, photo found online) was selected to correlate the the stamp.

Techniques: The page was not prepped. The stamp was inked with the Watercolor markers I had played with the other day. And the drawing was done with a single HB pencil.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love how you posted this older post along with the photo. You should frame them both side by side, as your drawing came out pretty good! ;)

13/5/07 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home