Monday, December 11, 2006

FO: DNA hat

Apologies in advance for the dark photo, but the colors were a pretty good match, so I didn't want to brighten the image much.Yarn: Reynolds Odyssey in color 410
Fiber Content: 100% merino
Supplier: Wool Basket, Duxbury, MA (no webpage)
Cable Pattern: DNA Scarf
Hat Concept: Knitty's Coronet

My sister admired this yarn, so I knew I wanted to do something with it for her. And she is as much of a biology geek as I am a chemistry geek, so the DNA Scarf came to mind immediately. Unfortunately I didn't have enough to make her the scarf though, and so this idea for this hat was conceived.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Omly! Great idea, teriffic execution and a truly gorgeous color. I hope she adores it :)

12/12/06 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful hat! Your drawings are wonderful too. I will look back again to see more. (Thanks for your comment about mine too!) Happy Holidays from NYC!

18/12/06 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home