Tuesday, December 19, 2006

FO: Fan & Feather Scarf

Yarn: Mind's Eye Yarns sock yarn
Fiber Content: merino/tencel
Pattern: 3 repeats of "fan and feather" stitch with 2 sts of garter on each side
Needles: US Size 6 Addi Turbos

So I finished the scarf for my mom last week. I was knitting it from the November Sock Club yarn from Mind's Eye Yarns. The color is absolutely perfect, but what was I thinking making a scarf in sock weight yarn this late in the year as a Christmas gift.

Unblocked it was just under 4'7", but after fairly light blocking it measures over 6 feet!

I haven't gifted this yet as it will be a Christmas Eve gift, but I gave her the Snowflake socks for her birthday which were received really well. My mom is one of those people who is a joy to knit for. She was really excited about them, and I know she hand washes when necessary. I can't wait to give her the scarf as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home