I just signed up for the Hogwarts Sock Swap
and have been sorted into Slytherin. Please note that Blackrayne
made a kick-ass Slytherin icon that I need to ask permission to put in my side bar as well.
I am a huge Harry Potter series fan, and both enjoy cannon Harry Potter and the fandom. In particular I enjoy the Dramione ship. Although Potter is a good enough hero-type I guess, what is not to love about that typical Slytherin snark and wit of Draco?
So without further ado, here are my questionnaire answers:
1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Slytherin
2. Shoe size: 6.5-7 US Women's
3. Foot Length: 9.6"/24cm
4. Foot Circumference: 8.25"/21cm
5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. - I tend to knit magic loop a lot more than with double-points. I have had great experience with Knit Picks classic circulars, Addi Turbos, and Inox in lengths of 32" or more.
a. Susan Bates Size 1s (bought in a "sock set" of size 000-1) - inexpensive but excellent for the price, I like pointy metal needles :)
b. Unknown Brand US Size 8-10 Metal DPNs - I can always use these sizes. Ahem, have I mentioned I knit tightly? These are what I need for knitting dk-worsted weight hats.
c. Brittany bamboo 5" US Size 1s - these are my airplane sock needles, short and wooden are good for flying
6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I am curious about the new lace Addi Turbos. Be still my Slytherin hears, the lightweight slickness and amazing joins of Addis with actual points? What more could a girl ask for? Honestly though, I like most metal needles.
7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? not directed at me I am afraid
8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? sure
Labels: Hogwarts, knitting, socks, swap