Saturday, April 28, 2007

An Embarrassment of Riches

Part of our trip to Germany was the opportunity for me to meet Salvbard's family there. I could never expect what wonderful people they are. Even more than that, many of them of so creative whether it be with the camera, paint or knitting needles. It was really inspiring to be able to see their work.

One of Salvbard's aunts, in showing me her many wardrobes full of her beautiful hand knit sweaters, pushed one on me. To say that I was surprised is more than an understatement. They had only just met me, and yet here I was being laden with hours and hours of her handiwork. I was a bit misty then, and even thinking about it now I am getting sort of all teared up.
Ultimately I ended up being sent away with a bag full of these beautiful hand-knits, that I still do not know how to express how cared for and honored that I feel. I am left plotting my handcrafted revenge, probably starting with a pair of hand-knit socks. Now I only need to confirm the foot size that I would need to make for.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home