Friday, April 27, 2007

Lubeck

I wanted to make sure that we would be able to stop in Lubeck, while we were in Germany. My maternal grandmother's family can trace their line through the middle ages in the church records of a "kirsche" there. I know that she had already gotten these records, but unfortunately Salvbard and I weren't sure which one that was.

Despite that we had a good time. It is a beautiful city. On the way back to the car to leave for our next stop, I spotted a yarn and fabric store. Since then I have seen several fabric stores, and it seems like sewing is very popular here.
So now we have sock yarn enough for 2 pairs (one for myself and one for Salvbard) to remember the trip. The Regia is for me, though in a colorway I have not seen at home before. The SuperSox is a brand I had not heard of before, so it will be interesting to work with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home