Sunday, April 15, 2007

FO: Garden Monkey Socks

Yarn: March Mind's Eye Yarns sock club yarn
Needles: 40" US Size 1 Addis (magic loop)
Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. in the Winter 2006 issue of Knitty
Yardage: 265 yards
Maration Mileage: 1.66 miles
Modifications: I did an eye of the partridge heel and changed the wedge toe to a slightly longer wedge toe with differently spaced decreases.I have to admit, when I first started seeing all the Monkeys showing up all over the blog-o-sphere I was sort of "eh" about the pattern. It was okay, but I just didn't understand what all the fuss was about. That all changed when I saw Rosemary's Hedwig socks. I absolutely loved this pattern in a yarn that was mostly one color, but with splotches of variegation.

So when I received the March Mind's Eye Yarn sock club yarn, I had a suspicion what I would make with it. Little did I suspect how much I would get sucked in. I started just one lone sock because I was "testing the guage of the lace pattern" to make sure this yarn would work as written. Next thing I know I am halfway through the foot. There was absolutely no SSS here. As soon as I finished I cast on the second one withing minutes and was happily working away again.

I am not sure quite why these are so addictive. The lace pattern is deceptively simple; I had it memorized almost immediately. And I love the way the blips of color among the green remind me or garden beds.

I have not quite 40g (1.4 oz) left, and I am not sure what I want to do with it. I am thinking of a square on the sock blanket, but I think I have enough for a baby hat for little baby L too. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Nice work! You're so fast! I'd love to see them in person if you are nearby this week.

16/4/07 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home