Thursday, April 26, 2007

FO: Shapely Tank Top

Do remember that I wanted to finish this project before I left for the trip? Um, well I didn't. I did bring it along though, with just the ends to be woven in and one side needing finishing. We got some pictures of it in use while we were at the Autostadt, which was beautifully designed. Obviously it was Salvbard who added this stop to our itinerary, with his great love for all things Volkswagon, but it was just too beautiful a spot to not do my photos there.
Yarn: Classic Elite Classic Silk in Moss
Needle: US Size 8 32" circulars
Pattern: Shapely Tank by White Lies Designs

Modifications:
Ahem, I appear to be completely unable to follow a pattern without making changes. First of all I knit this in the round. I threw in an extra set of decreases/increases for waist shaping. And I rearranged the decreases for the neck and armhole shaping to provide a more shallow arm shaping and shorted straps. (Hey I am not only short, but also short-torsoed.)

I will definitely make this again, but next time I plan on at least 1.5" less ease for the whole thing. This was already the smallest size, but I would have liked it a little bit smaller. The silk/cotton blend makes a wonderful summer garment though, and I am very happy with the yarn choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home