Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire
1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
2. Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference?
US Womens 6.5-7: 9.5"/24cm : 8.25"/21cm
Note: I tend to like my socks snug in circumfrence
3. List your three favorite sock yarns.
a. Regia - this is definitely my workhorse yarn, though their silk blend is luscious
b. Koigu - so squishy and amazing colors
c. Artyarns Ultramerino or Supermerino
4. Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand?
I am always up for something new. I am not a huge fan of mohair containing yarns, but otherwise surprise me :)
5. Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
I am attracted to variegateds, so that is what I mostly have in my stash already. Solids or semi-solids would allow me to do some fancier patterns, but honestly I like both.
6. What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
Honestly I like Slytherin colors, but don't have any in my stash. Also often used as male-friendly "colors" that tend to be almost-colors (such as deep hunter green, navy, black, brown) and brightly colored yarns for Chiquita (who preferes cotton blends).
7. What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
I haven't done any fair isle yet, and I have to admit it is a little intimidating. I have done lace, ribbed, cabled, and even mitered socks though and enjoyed them all.
8. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.)
Just mold for me, but my partner is allergic to cats.
9. Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
Nope I am a non-smoker with a lizard, who stays in his cage.
10. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
Don't forget to sign up for the Hogwarts Sock Swap Two
soon if you are thinking of doing so. Sign-ups for first years started July 14th.
Labels: Hogwarts, socks, swap