Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Getting Ready for Potter

Life has been full of the Potter-verse these days. Only a few days until we get the last book. Please remember spoilers may be crucio-ed.

We went to see Order of the Pheonix this week. Chiquita dressed up for it, although we didn't go to any of the releases. (And can I just rant about the prices of even children's movie tickets these days? I know they were high for adults, but the price was not all that different for an 8 year old.) See that green? With any luck she will be a Slytherin just like her mom.


And do I look tired or what? Boston has been hot people! The over-air-conditioned movie theater was a nice change for a little bit. These are the thick wool-socks I am working on for poor Salvbard. Coming back from tropical south-east asia, I am sure wool sock will be the absolute first thing on his mind... or something.


And yes I did knit these during the movie. A simple 2X2 ribbed leg didn't distract from the movie itself, which was surprisingly good. There are parts I wish were a little different, but it should just be enjoyed for itself too.


In other related news I heard back from the Deputy Head Mistress for the Hogwarts Sock Swap Two. I will be joining the Slytherin house once again, and I would like to welcome all of the first years. If you haven't signed up yet but would like to you should get to it! There are only 150 slots, and at least 100 are already taken.

Want to Get Sorted?

I have been listening to my favorite Potter podcasts, including Snapecast, which introduced me to the song by Ministry of Magic and The Parselmouths - Snape vs Snape (you can listen to it at either link). Some Wizardrock I have heard is good, but apparently I hadn't heard anything by Ministry of Magic before. They are fabulous! I immediately bought their CD, and will be waiting anxiously for it to arrive.

In the meantime I have been reading fan-fic during my knitting time (simple knits are a must for the next week and a half at least). Does anyone have any recommendations? I am not really a Harry fan-girl, though I have read some fic with him as a main character that was good. Slytherin content desirable, but not necessary if it is well written.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a cool post! Love that you knitted while watching the movie. Hope it was great!

18/7/07 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home