Thursday, July 12, 2007

FO: Dragon Socks

I have to say that I really enjoyed making these. Gauge, including both sts and row gauge, is more important in this pattern than in many sock patterns. I wish I could say that I had been a good dooby and swatched, but I figure they were bound to fit someone. (Hmm these really are the same height...)


Pattern: Heartland Knits Diamond Patch Socks
Yarn: Regia 4-ply Color 5442
Needle: US Size 1s 40" Addis
Modifications: no "knit even" rows before starting the decreases for the toes or heels, and skipped one row of mitered squares on the leg
Marathon Yardage: 460 yards
Total Marathon Mileage: 2.4 miles

The pattern calls for Koigu or Shepard Sport, so I was a little nervous that this pattern would turn out a bit small with the 4-ply. Instead of the Women's US 7 that this pattern predicts this would fit, even with the yarn substitution, these socks are still a little large on my feet (6.5-7). With the called for "knit even rows" I think these could have fit a 8-9.


Here is a photo that shows what my heels looked like, though it gives the impression that these are slightly baggier than they are at the ankles. I wasn't sure how much yarn I would have or how long these would turn out, but due to their modular nature you can easy stop to add in the toe and heel before you are done with the leg. These came out perfectly with only a few yards left.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home