Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Back

So much has happened in the few days! I hope no one minds if it takes me a couple days to catch up. First order of business is the copy of Knitting Nature. This time I was aided by Salvbard who chose the number of the winning comment. Congratulations Dame Wendy!

My birthday weekend was fun, if a little hectic. We spent more time than I would have liked driving in circles and getting a flat tire repaired, but over all it was good.

Chiquita got a bunch of water time in at our campground in Myles Standish State Park.
Salvbard got in some hammock time at my grandmother's house.We celebrated my birthday with family with the traditional cake and ice cream. I never have maple walnut ice cream anywhere by my grandmother's house. I got a few things I am really excited about, such as a copy of The Happy Hooker and a set of sock blockers from the Loopy Ewe (which my mom found herself!). [It is late, but I promise this SPS was taken on Sunday.]
There was also much sock knitting. I finished weaving the ends in on my Hogwarts socks. I designed and knit a sock pattern that I will be offering up soon. And I got a good start on a pair of "thank you" socks for Salvbard's aunt. Photos of all these are awaiting a combination of daylight and camera access.

Then to make it even better, I returned from my mini-vacation to find my Ravelry invite!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sitcomgirl said...

Oh Happy Birthday!

26/6/07 10:51 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I seriously let out a huge WAAA HOOO! Happy birthday and thank you so much for the contest. You are a total doll.

I'm so glad to hear you had a fun birthday weekend despite a flat tire (total downer!) The lake looks like it's lovely! :)

26/6/07 10:58 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

The anticipation is killing me!! :)

14/7/07 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home