Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dulaan-a-thon

Last night/this morning was the Dulaan-a-thon event at the Knitting Room. Similar to Ryan's Dulaan-a-thon, this ran for 12 hours, in this case from 5 pm to 5 am. We only stayed until 2 since Salvbard wanted to get home to bed (and no I didn't make him stay the whole time beforehand).
The turn out was good, and these ladies were so much fun to be with. I didn't know anyone else previously other than Laura (not shown), whom I had taken a class with once. Some people even teamed up to make coordinating hat and scarf sets.
Many adorable hats were knit.
Almost everyone was knitting, but I broke out a K hook since it was so much faster. I got two adult hats done.
Here I am wearing my "blue cheese hat". This poor yarn was evidently not created with crochet in mind. It had a distinct blue warts/lumps thing going on due to how the crochet truncated the thicker blue lengths. Yet somehow it gives me great joy.

Both the blue cheese hat and a "rasta" hat (which I will show you tomorrow once I get the photo off Salvbard's camera) were done with single crochet in a simple free-form top-down form, though I later added a ribbed edge to the rasta hat.

If you would like to donate items, Jackie has kindly agreed to collect items until closing at 4pm on friday (June 22). Just drop off your Dulaan items to the Knitting Room before then, and you won't have to worry about shipping them out yourself by this year's deadline.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun at your Dulaan-a-thon! What a great idea, and so many smiling faces.

21/6/07 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home