Wednesday, June 27, 2007

7 of Hearts & Ravenclaw Socks

See I did finish some stuff. Now I am working on some cotton blend socks.

This first pair decided that it would rather be a wedding gift for my sister than a Christmas gift for my mother. Who am I to stand in its way. The significance of the name comes from the fact that she is getting married on 7-7-07.
Yarn: Art Yarns Supermerino
Needles: US Size 3s
Pattern: Seven of Hearts
Marathon Yardage: 210 yards
Total Mileage: 1.78

I am currently looking for test knitters for Seven of Hearts. I have the pattern written out for these already. They are fast and relatively simple.

Next up the Ravenclaw socks:
Yarn: Gems Merino Fingering Weight in sandalwood and french blue
Supplier: kpixie
Needles: US Size 1s
Marathon Yardage: 305
Total Mileage:1.96

These are relatively simple, but I think they would make excellent quiddich socks or just socks to wear under your robes in drafty hallways and classrooms. Now to finish up the last touches on my package.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Really like those 7 of Hearts socks! I am thinking that I would like to be considered to be a test knitter for this pattern. Make that that I would definately like to be considered! Thanks

27/6/07 3:17 PM  
Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

terrific socks!

Add me to the growing list of test knitters;)

Have supermerino- will knit;)

28/6/07 7:55 AM  
Blogger mjm knitting said...

i'll be a test knitter for your 7 of hearts socks.
by the way any of those socks count for SOS?

melinda

28/6/07 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 7 of Hearts socks are really cute! And toe-up, my favorite kind. :)

28/6/07 4:33 PM  
Blogger Angeluna said...

Really nice 7 of Hearts socks. I would volunteer as a test knitter if you wanted a size 10, high arch foot! I usually have to make the heel flap longer, but your heel construction looks interesting and possibly quite forgiving.

29/6/07 12:08 AM  
Blogger Lilleduck said...

The 7 hearts socks look wonderfull! I would love to knit them! Please add me to your wannabe test knitters!

1/7/07 2:32 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

love your socks....i would love to be a tester if that would be ok? :-)

1/7/07 10:49 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

LOVE your 7 of hearts socks! I have the perfect yarn for them and would love to be a test knitter, if you need another.

3/7/07 7:32 AM  
Blogger elinor said...

Both pairs are fabulous! The 7 of Hearts ones are beautiful, and the Ravenclaw socks just made me smile they were so cute and simple and lovely. Fun fun!

3/7/07 10:14 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Your Ravenclaw Hogwarts socks are WONDERFUL and I'm sure your pal is going to love them! Great job! Will you be joining us for the second round?????

8/7/07 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home