Friday, July 13, 2007

Little Bird

I saw this pattern when it was one of the most recent patterns added to Ravelry, and looking over my shoulder, Chiquita immediately wanted one. I wanted to see about making one with crocheted eyes for baby-friendliness, though, since I am thinking quite a bit about baby knitting for my expected niece these days. The result of a little stash diving was this cute little guy.


Pattern: Birds of a Feather
Hook: G/4.25 MM Al
Yarn: Wool-Ease Worsted in Gold and black cotton yarn dk scraps for eyes
Fiber: 80% acyrlic 20% wool

I wanted to make this into a little owl, but Chiquita insisted that we couldn't since it was obviously a baby chicken. (Obviously...) She has been playing with it since it was finished. This ones name is "Pumpkin" and is about the size of a tennis ball.


Super fast to finish, these would make great gifts for small children if you avoid the button eyes. These crocheted eyes worked okay, but I may play with the idea a little more to get a more appealing shape. The pattern does not specify how to attach the beak, but I just sewed it on with needle and thread, which felt more secure to me than fabric glue.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very cute - and thanks for the link to the pattern. I'm not big on toys, but I may have to try a few of these myself!

13/7/07 12:08 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

SO cute!!

14/7/07 4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE IT! I just saw this at Quietish's blog, too. :))))

15/7/07 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home