Wednesday, July 25, 2007

FO: Cabled Headband

I was doing a little stash digging, when I found one lonely ball of Debbie Bliss's Merino Chunky. There are not many patterns for just one 50 ball of chunky weight, and unfortunately I had nothing that was of a similar weight and fiber content. Even my copy of One Skein Wonders had nothing that thrilled me with so little yardage. Time for a little adaptation.


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky color 140401 (discontinued)
Supplier: Carodan Farm
Needles: US 11
Cable Pattern: initial band for the Shepherd Bulky Rainbow Hat
Source: One-Skein Wonders

The Shepherd Bulky Rainbow Hat has a really interesting construction, but I knew I wouldn't have enough for it since it calls for a 100 g ball. So I knit the main band until I ran out of yarn, and then blocked the result to a more reasonable size (~20 inches).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

Really, really pretty, Omly. I LOVE the color!! The cable work is so pretty. I haven't done anything cabled yet. I'm not afraid to, but I just haven't had time to try it yet with some other things I'd been working on. That headband seems like a good size. I don't do headbands well though. I always joke that I need to have a groove in my head or something, because they always, ALWAYS slip off! Oh, well. Yours is gorgeous!

Say, I wrote you an e-mail and it bounced back. Maybe you could send me something to reply to, okay?

26/7/07 9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the headband, Omly! ...and I'm starting on gifts, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26/7/07 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home