Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gryffindor Socks

I am wrapping up the details on my package for the Hogwarts Sock Swap. Hopefully I will have the last items by this weekend, and it will be winging it's way to it's recipient soon.


Yarn: Spunky Eclectic Tough Sock in firecracker
Needle: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Pattern: 72 sts stockinette sock with heel flap heel
(I really like the one in Ann Budd's "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns")


Although I really like the base yarn, I am not super crazy about the stripes. For these socks I made a center pull ball and work from both ends, 2 at once on magic loop. But you can see the striping was slightly different from one sock to the other. I think if I had wound two balls and worked from the center of the skein on both these might have matched a little better. Oh well. Such is the joy of hand-dyed yarns.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home