Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Owl Ahoy

Squee! A wonderful package was dropped off by owl yesterday while I was out from my HSS3 pal. Thank you so much Patonga Pinkstone!


I love how carefully and beautifully she did her presentation. Chiquita has already claimed all of the tissue paper and ribbons for an art project.


And look at these contents! The yarn is dyed by Crazy4Dyeing and is so perfectly squishy and soft. I have never worked with this dyer's yarn before, but I am greatly looking forward to it. Her soft graduations of green and silver in this Slytherin colorway are simply lovely.

I am pretty excited about working with the KP Harmony circulars too. I have one set of the DPNs, and have found in the last month or so that they are the only wooden needles I have enjoyed working with. I think it is the sharp points and slick laminated surface. Since I generally knit my socks on circulars these are just perfect!

There were lots of other goodies in there. Chiquita already claimed a chocolate frog and the enclosed card. Among all of the wonderful items in there I was especially stuck by the snitch cards. I love the clean, simple lines of them and just generally find them incredibly striking.


And of course we can't forget the stunning socks that she knit me. I am not certain of the yarn she used, but they are quite comfortable. (I wore them all yesterday.) Aren't they beautiful?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you like your package. It was fun to put together. The socks were made with 100% Superwash Merino also from Crazy4Dyeing.

5/4/08 5:45 PM  
Blogger Cassie G-P said...

What a wonderful package! Crazy4dying's yarn is wonderful to work with! You will enjoy it!

6/4/08 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great kit you got

6/4/08 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home