Thursday, July 31, 2008

Swing High Cardigan

This weekend we are celebrating my niece's first birthday. So a last minute FO was in order. I was getting worried that this would be too small by her one year, but I think it will be just right for this Fall.
Pattern: Swing High Cardigan by Louisa Harding
Pattern Source: Miss Bea's Playtime
Size: 1-2 years
Yarn: Mind's Eye Yarns DK Merino
Buttons: La Mode Buttons Hook 1519 Style 4782, four antique white 7/16" (11mm) buttons

I can't believe this yarn doesn't simply fly off Lucy's shelves even faster than it does. The base yarn is very nice to work with, smooth but easy on the hands. And the yardage is nothing short of incredible. This one skein would have been enough for a much bigger sweater. The smallest size of the sweater, shown here, called for 490 yards but I found it took closer to 300. That left me with over 180 yards left or 1/3 of the skein left!

The pattern itself though I did really like. This whole pattern book is just adorable, and I can see myself making several other patterns from it. The sweater is worked in pieces, but I am really pleased with my mattress stitch, so that was okay. This was the first project where I had to do any extensive amount of it before, so I am really glad that it went alright.

I am almost concerned that the neck seems too wide at the shoulders, but looking at the same project by other on Ravelry it seems fine on actual kids. Also I thought it a little weird that it is a little tapered at the hips, but it doesn't seem as severe when I look at the whole finished project. it is the picot edge that totally gets me with the cuteness though.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home