Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trampoline Socks

It is rare that I am disappointed by anything in my stash. When I did a test-swatch with this yarn it seemed okay, but over a 60 stitch sock the patterning just didn't do it for me. Fortunately they weren't for me, and Chiquita loves them.

Pattern: Two at Once, Toe-Up Socks
Yarns: Skacel Trampoline & Patons Kroy Socks
Fiber Content: 70% wool/23% nylon/7% polyester & 75%/25% nylon
Suppliers: The Knitting Room (now closed) and Wisconsin Craft Market

Modification: I did a wedge toe with a provisional cast-on, as I tend to do.

Chiquita requested that the toes and heels be in different colors, so I dug around a bit in my bag of sock yarn leftovers until I found something that would work.

Besides not being crazy about the patterning, I also wasn't super excited about working with the yarn itself. I hadn't used it before, but it has a colored outer layer around a white core. I assume that means that this yarn had the wool wrapped around a synthetic core. Unfortunately I don't know that it lived up to its name, as this sort of construction did not result in a particularly springy yarn. It wasn't as hard on the hands as a pure cotton or synthetic either. It just sort of gets an "eh" from me.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen Frysia said...

I'd love to learn provisional cast-on. I want to do two socks at one time, and I've tried to do the cast-on from a book, but without success. I think the socks are perfect for a young witch!

25/6/08 4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... those are AWESOME! Love the colors :)

27/6/08 8:04 AM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

How is the thesis? I hope thought you said it was due yesterday. Are you relieved? Have you celebrated?

8/7/08 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home