Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slytherin Ripple Afghan

I have an announcement. They Slytherin ripple afghan is finally done. I am so incredibly happy with it! I can't believe that this took me 9 months. It just goes to show that projects finish a whole lot more quickly when you actually work on them regularly.

Hook: J / 6.00 mm
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Grey Heather and Dark Sage
Pattern: Easy Ripple Afghan

Modifications: I cast on more stitches than the pattern to have a 66" wide blanket. (Sorry I don't remember the exact number.) Although I plan to use this blanket on a twin bed I really like extra to either side so that I am not left with drafts when I roll over.

This is my second crocheted afghan (the Sampler afghan being the first), but I am so much happier with this one. It is the perfect size, not too busy, but with just enough visual interest. Plus it is in great colors. What is not to love?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and believe me, having done a few, there is nothing, nothing like the warmth and comfort of a blanket you made yourself.

Your Slytherin Ripple (does that sound like a seriously funky ice cream flavor?) is beautiful!

23/5/08 9:32 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Very nice! :)

23/5/08 9:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh that is lovely!

23/5/08 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home