Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Holly Berry Socks

Today's socks are another project from swapped yarn. I only received 67 g og fingering weight, so I wanted to knit these socks toe-up to get the full yardage out of them, especially since the yarn is not machine washable to put in the memory blanket.

Although these aren't mostly green, they seem like a good Project Spectrum project with their flora color inspiration. I was a little worried that the Holly Berry colorway would strike me as too Christmas-y for year round wear, but I find I really like it. If the yarn was not long discontinued I would consider purchasing more. It makes a nice soft sock without too much pooling.

Yarn: Knit Picks Sock Garden in Holly Berries (discontinued)
Supplier: Somerville Yarn Swap
Pattern: Two At Once Toe-Up Socks
Needles: US Size 1 / 2.5 mm

I didn't actually follow the above pattern specifically, but it is the same construction method. I did these two at once, toe up with a peasant heel. I know I did a different toe, because I did my weird provisional wedge toe-thing, but the concept is essentially the same.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I saw these on your ravelry FO's and I just LOVE them. :) Great work, as always!

22/5/08 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home