Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stripy BSJ

A few weeks ago when we were visiting Falathwen, I noticed that her daughter was knitting a lovely garter stitch vest in Ravenclaw colors. Something about seeing her project made me really want to cast on a Baby Surprise Jacket with stripes.

Yarn: Ella Rae Amity
Needles: US Size 10 / 6.0 mm
Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Buttons: Style #44334 from JHB

This is my second time knitting this pattern, but the first one was without stripes. Although last time I had seamed up the top of the sleeves with a crocheted slip stitch seam, this time I did a regular sewn seem, which I am a lot happier with. It is has a little less body and better suits the squishiness of the garter stitch.

The yarn is a worsted wool/acrylic blend that I picked up at the Somerville Yarn Swap. The finished size of a BSJ depends on the yarn weight used, and since this in a worsted weight it looks to be toddler sized, which should be just about right for my niece next winter.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! Glad my Ella Rae went to good use :-) I also made a wee-one sweater w/it!

Funny, I just happened upon your blog via ravelry and saw this post.... Kismet :-)

27/5/08 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home