Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slytherin Spiral Hat

I realized recently that although I own many magazines that I had never actually made anything from any of them. Well no longer! This cute hat was in the latest copy of Interweave Crochet that I picked up from Mind's Eye Yarns at the Gore Place Festival. (Speaking of which, love it! Great job Interweave.)
Pattern: Spring Spiral Hat by Chloe Nightingale
Pattern Source: Interweave Crochet, Spring 2008
Yarn: Cascade Fixation
Hook: F / 3.75 mm

I really like this hat (in Slytherin colors no less), which I had planned on something to throw on when I ran out of the house for quick errands. Chiquita loved it though and seems to have claimed it. I guess I will just have to make another one for me.

The Fixation is great to crochet, which I hadn't tried before. That is great to know, since I have a bunch of it, and it is not my favorite yarn to knit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky G said...

Cute hat! I thought you might be interested to know that I posted new pictures of all my snakies a couple of days ago.

14/5/08 7:05 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Love the colors! Had to laugh when I read you had lots of magazines but had never made anything from them. My box of patterns....almost the same comment. I love looking at them for ideas, love buying more...but to actually follow a pattern top to bottom...not something I do often. lol

Hoped over from HOmespun Helpers.
Stop in for a visit,and have a great wkend.
Sandy

16/5/08 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home