Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sampler Afghan Complete

Wow I can't believe that I have been working on this project for this long. I started this blanket in May of last year with the Craft Daisies Learn to Crochet Lessons. At that point I knew the basics of crochet, but through those lessons I was able to pick up several techniques that I hadn't used before. By the time the class finished, most people had a lap-sized afghan, though I knew that I wanted something a little larger.

When the weather got hot though, I abandoned it for a little while. When the weather started getting nice again, I knew that it was time to finish this project, before it got delayed again.

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love in 110 Denim (blue) & Red Heart Ltd. Super Saver Solids in light grey
Pattern: Craft Daisies Learn to Crochet Afghan

The finished size is just a little small for a twin bed (shown above). The final result is not perfect, but I am just so glad to have it done that I don't entirely mind.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omly, it's great! And a very substantial first crochet project. Strut a little girl - be proud :)

9/4/08 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home