Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Making Magic

My Ravenclaw swap pal, Olive Bladvak aka Rebecca, for the HSKS5 Exchange is back from Australia, so I can finally share photos of the fun projects that I included in her package.

There was definitely more playing with fabric this time round. I made another Charlie bag, this time adding a lining and skipping the pouch, and I really like the results. (Salvbard was a little sad that we weren't keeping this one, so I may need to make some for us.) It is reversible, with one side having magic wands and the other suns and moons.

I also made a needle case, since she had specifically requested one. I found a great free tutorial I really like the shorter pockets at the bottom for chunkier DPNs or just odds and ends.
And I even broke out some beads to make some stitch markers.
There were so many fun blue textures and prints I found to work with. I had such a great time picking out fabric and beads.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gryffinitter said...

LOVE your beads and fabric!

Belladonna Boomslang

15/7/08 11:17 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

I love all the contents of my package! The bag is roomy and great & the needle holder is just what I needed! You're right...the short pockets are fabulous!

(And no, we didn't get to leave the airport in China, and yes, it was Shanghai)

17/7/08 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home