Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Time to Empty Some Needles

It has been a little while since I have shared for a "What's on the Needles Wednesday". I have been trying to finish up projects on the needles so that they will be free for my trip next week. There is nothing like a 20+ hour trip to make you appreciate portable crafting.

Since I know I am going to want to knit socks on the trip, that meant finishing up a pair of socks that I haven't even shared with you all yet. This yarn was another find at the Somerville Yarn Swap, and when I started I decided I didn't care if these were fraternal. So I just started at each end of the ball. After finishing the leg though, I just couldn't take it, which meant it was time for surgery.


Here you can see where I was removing a line of stitches to undo the old cuff and turn it into a new foot, completely in sequence with the other, completed sock. Amazing how much work I will do to avoid a little work isn't it?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These socks are amazing... are they ballet-slipper type?

1/8/08 7:33 PM  
Blogger omly said...

They do sort of look that way don't they? Mostly they are just regular socks with replaceable soles, so that it can easily be replaced if the bottoms/heels/toes start wearing out.

18/8/08 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home