Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What? Another Hat?

I love the double layer of warmth over the ears of a double knit hat, but honestly double knitting isn't my favorite way to knit. So enter this solution:

Yarn: Valley Yarns Northampton in pine and light grey
Supplier: Webs
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm

I did a crocheted provisional cast-on of the number of stitches based on the Basic Hat Pattern by Ann Budd in The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. Then I knit the double layer (with purled turning roll, picking out the provisional cast on to knit together with the live stitches. Such a simple idea, but I love this hat! Too bad it is already promised to someone. I will have to make another like it for myself.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I want to make a winter running hat for my husband, and this would keep his ears warm but allow heat to escape out the top.

Thanks for sharing!

10/6/09 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home