Sunday, May 24, 2009

Twisted pumpkin hat

This weekend I spent at Leakycon in Boston. Ok maybe not of interest to everyone, but hours spent in academic paneling and wrock concerts means that I have a few projects to share. The first one is a baby hat made from both a stashed book and yarn. I love when just the right elements are among what I already have.

Posted by Picasa

Pattern: Elf Hats - Twisted Pumpkin by Alison Hansel
Pattern Source: Charmed Knits
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton DK
Size: small

For the most part I enjoyed this pattern, though if I were to make it again I might omit the spiralling on the "stem." It is a clever idea, but in practice was sort of fiddly to do. I am not so sure that this project is really Harry Potter inspired (the premise for the whole book of patterns), but it is cute, so you won't hear me complaining too much.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

so how did the house thing go? did you get it?

3/6/09 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home