Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hayfever

This has been a terrible season for pollen allergies, so this past week of rain has been welcome for Salvbard, who is a pollen-sufferer. I was a little disappointed by how this yarn spun up color-wise, but I teased that it was pollen-colored, just like everything else outside.

Posted by Picasa
Fiber: 4 oz merino
Yards: ~120
Weight: worsted - bulky
Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns

I had tried separating this roving into strips to make the colors blend less, but I had so little success that I ended up just doing this as a two ply. I am a little embarrassed by how long this has been on the wheel. I just reached a point where I just couldn't get excited about finishing it.

The end result is a very soft yellow yarn that makes me think of baby things, except that this would be handwash only. Anyone out there got any good ideas of what to do with it?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Hay fever remedies said...

Children are more prone to get infection. Hay fever can occur during the spring and summer season and usually due to a reaction to pollen from flowers, grasses and trees. There are some remedies which can cure it like, local unfiltered honey is the most curative method, also liquorice, Steam inhalation with water infused with essential oils like Peppermint and Chamomile is good. Drink goat ,sheep milk or hemp milk. Don't allow children to play near freshly mown lawns.

15/7/09 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home