Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ribby Socks

When I was poking around in my scrap sock yarn bag, I rediscovered a fair amount of leftover Lisa Souza Sock! It had been a gift from my HSPS2 pal, way back in 2007. I had used this yarn in my Ribby Vest, which is still one of my favorite items that I have made.

So these are more socks made from my bag of leftovers, but I had enough to make a reasonable length pair even without doing the toes and heels in a contrasting color. And by working toe-up I could use every last yard of the yarn I had.

Yarn: Lisa Souza Sock! in Emerald City
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Pattern: toes up, figure 8 cast-on, short row heel

Actually these socks became a conversation piece on my commute home one day when I was finishing them. A woman came up to me, asking if she could look closer at the (sewn) bind-off I was working on. She had noticed me on the shuttle to the T-station, but had never seen anyone bind-off without just using the two knitting needles. So we stood on the train platform, demonstrating and discussing the relative merits of different cast-offs until my train came and we went our separate ways.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home