Thursday, August 02, 2007

WIP: Slytherin Bag

Rosemary has done it again! Her latest pattern is fabulous. She’s wrote out charts for all four houses (pattern available here), and I volunteered to test-knit the Slytherin one for her. Those of you I saw at the Boston Ravelry meet-up on Monday will have seen me working on it. Here is where it is now, since I haven't had a chance to line it or add the lining. My only adaption is that I think I will go back and make the handle a little wider.


I felt very clever for my blocking method, but Kara's method is great too. During blocking, I discovered you really need something along the sides. (Note my favorite blocking spot, my yoga mat. You will see more of it soon.)


This was my first fair-isle project in the round, so I was a little nervous about tension. As a result I knit this inside out, which worked really well for me. So yes, I am not done yet, but great idea, great chart, great pattern.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

2/8/07 4:29 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That is one AWESOME bag! How very clever!

2/8/07 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Omly - and a wonderful little bag :) I've just downloaded the pattern and will be keeping an eye out for suitable yarn.

3/8/07 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. How did I miss that in Rosemary's stream... That's fabulous!

4/8/07 2:21 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

It turned out fantastic!

4/8/07 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home