Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tall "Boy Socks"

I can't believe that it is August. One good thing about that though is that is time for a new color triad for Project Spectrum: purple, orange and brown.

Sort of along those line, I just finished up a pair of socks for Salvbard. Boring grey tweed with brown accents. How much do I love this man? Well these socks have an 11.5" leg, so you do the math.


These have much flatter toes than any of the previous pairs I have made him. Each pair he always points out that they could be a little less pointed, but I think this pair might be a little overboard. He really likes them other than the whole wool-content thing at the moment. Give it a month or so. (I know this photo is a little dark, but I love his impromptu sock modeling pose.)


Yarn: Regia 6-ply Tweed
Fiber: 70% Wool, 5% Acryl, 20% Polyamide

I had used the brown because I had remembered that I had an odd ball of the Regia 6-ply tweed, but it turns out the brown wasn't it. Oops! So now I have ~1.4 balls of brown and 1 of black. I will work something out I guess, but I feel a little silly right now.

On the plus side, it motivated me to go through my sock yarn stash and put all the matching skeins together in big ziplock bags (a few socks worth of yarn per bag).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home