Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2: An Inspirational Pattern

When it comes to knitting that I aspire to there is no question as to what the topic would be for me: Latvian knitting.

I haven't done a whole lot of colorwork knitting. So far, I have no fairisle finished projects, although all my Slytherin bag has been missing for years now is technically the lining. And the poi gloves I made weren't fairisle, but rather a sort of an adhoc intasia.

A while back my mom got me both a copy of Latvian Mittens: Traditional Designs & Techniques and Latvian Dreams: Knitting Patterns from Weaving Charts to encourage my knitting interest in our heritage. I would really love to make several pairs of mittens, although to date I have only finished one wee baby mitten.


That is right, not even a proper pair. (Sorry sis!)

If I was to be completely honest, I might admit to the fact that I think some of the patterns in Latvian Dreams really are just that to me. The scale just puts them out of reach for me though. Geez, I can't even manage a second baby mitten...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger catsmum said...

that's pretty much how I feel about Estonian lace - it's just something to dream about

29/4/10 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home