Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Handspun

Happy Evacuation day! Well ok, if you are not in the Boston area, you are probably celebrating St. Patrick's day. And in the spirit of the latter it seems a good time to share my latest handspun, actually finished up during the Olympics, but now soaked and twisted into finished hanks.


I started with this lovely 4 oz braid of superwash roving from Mind's Eye Yarns, which I am pretty sure I bought 2 years ago at a Gore Place Sheapshearing Festival.


I spun most of the singles during the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. They are a bit finer than I usually do and could have possibly used a higher twist. It gave a nice lofty final product though.


The three final skeins add up to 299 yards of a DK weight yarn. This yarn is lovely and soft. I would like to think I will make something for myself out of it. (Perhaps the yoke of a sweater?) I seem to have a poor record for actually knitting most of my handspun though. Got any great recommendations of patterns to inspire me to get this on the needles?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Beautiful. It looks like perfect yarn for something light for Spring.

18/3/10 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home