Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010

There is just something about the Winter Olympics that I just love. I have been watching with great interest on tv, but I was also pleased to see how much the knitting blog-o-sphere has been talking about it. There are so many blogs on my Bloglines that I have been delighted to see that have posted for the first time in ages to talk about it.

There are two major craft-alongs going on. There is of course the Yarn Harlot and her Knitting Olympics. And the Ravelympics over on Ravelry, with more types of events. Although I am not doing the Knitting Olympics this year, it does hold a special place in my heart. I participated in 2006, shortly before I started this blog, knitting my first pair of toe-up socks for Chiquita.

This year as I am trying to focus on stuff already on the needles, I am focusing on the WIP dancing events and possible some Aerial Unwind events over on the Ravelympics for Team Sexy Slytherins (Rav link). The HPKCHC (another Rav link) is counting Ravelympics participation as Quidditch, so there is some added motivation to finish things ups and earn some point for my house.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home