Friday, January 08, 2010

2009 in Review

I have been trying to put together a New Years post (similar to my 2008 review) for several weeks now, and somehow it just hasn't happened. Part of that is that I have been busy getting ready for Arisia.

One of the things I wanted to talk about was a sort of "State of the Stash." This looks to be another stash diving year with having bought a house.

Plus I have been thinking a lot about how best to store my yarn in the new space. I like having my yarn where I can see it, and that means that using what I have makes that more possible. I am pretty happy with the contents of my stash though, and I feel it is full of stuff stuff that I am happy to use.
(Points of interest here are the 2 places where the yardage goes up only one of which was in 2009, both of which were trips to Webs. Also note the leveling out the past 2 months or so as I have been doing Arisia stuff instead of that much knitting.)

A brief pictorial review of some of the highlights:
So in 2009 I knit or crocheted:
  • 3 sweaters
  • 1 vest
  • 14 baby items
  • 7 pairs of socks
  • 1 pair of mittens
  • 1 scarf
  • 7 hat
  • 3 blankets
  • 1 shawl
  • 6 misc. items
Not a bad year all and all, even if it was not quite as productive as the prior year. I did not manage the ~1 mile per month average pace of last year, much of which had to do with the house hunting, moving, a particularly busy work schedule this semester and a larger volunteering role than I have taken previously. But it was a good year, and I am looking forward to the rest of 2010.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Robbyn said...

I know it wasn't knit, but you also made that beautiful afghan. I was so taken with it that I "borrowed" your lovely, sunny picture to use as wallpaper on my computer.

Hope your new year is going well, Omly!

10/1/10 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home