Friday, October 16, 2009

PoA Slytherin Scarf

I have been sitting on this post for a month waiting to get better photos. I guess it is time to accept that that is just not going to happen.

After the move I needed a mindless project. And this was a project that I have wanted the finished product of for a long time, but it was too boring to knit normally. In this case, however, lots of stockinette in the round was just what the doctor ordered.

Pattern: Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban Scarf by Lauren Kent
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash (color 801)
and Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Superwash (color 01)
Yarn Suppliers: Woolcoot & Co. and Windsor Button respectively
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm

This knit grew significantly just after soaking and laying flat. Although it was not stretched at all, during blocking it easily gained 8-12 inches in total length. Now it falls just past my knees. I don't have much to say about the pattern; it is simple but well written. And now I have a super warm scarf to get me through the Boston winter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home