Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Peach Preserves

I have started some really neat knitting projects (to be discussed in the upcoming days), but I have also been busy in the kitchen recently. Our new home has two lovely little peach trees. Unfortunately they have not been taken very good care of, but even so it was such a good year for peaches that we have gotten a fair amount of fruit.

Have you ever noticed how many people in the knitting community are also interested in things like canning?


I set to work and was able to put away a micro batch of peach preserves entirely from our peaches from our yard. Salvbard claims they taste even better because of where the fruit is from, but I will say they are pretty tasty either way. Plus the color is beautiful.

PS. Did everybody notice that today is 9/9/09? I had to aim to post this by 9:09 just because.

1 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

YUMMM!!! I was supposed to can peaches this year but let life get in the way (I have a way of doing that) I can't wait to see all the other things you do in your new house!

15/9/09 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home