Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Socks

The Fall 2004 Issue of Knitty is famous for a bunch of really great patterns such as Shedir and the Clapotis. This pattern has very seldom been knit in comparison (only 18 currently on Ravelry including this pair). They were the perfect solution to having just 170 yards of this gorgeous hand-dyed though.

Pattern: Lou Lou Comfort Socks by Amy Swenson
Pattern Source: Knitty Fall 04 Surprise
Yarn: Spunky Eclectic Super Sport in "I <3>

Modifications: I used a masterbed pathway heel because I found the short row heel too shallow and a then ribbed cuff with sewn bind-off rather than the picot edge. I think a picot edge is cute, but the version used in the instructions is not my favorite.

My housemate loves these colors but is allergic to wool and can't wear anything made from it, so I knit her a decorative mini sock with the leftovers. You can see the colors better in this one. They really are the colors of Fall in New England!

Pattern: Alpaca Sox Mini Socks by Classic Elite Yarns
Needles: US 5 / 3.75 mm
Modifications: cast-on 20 sts

Does this coound as 3 more socks for Soctober or just 2? Either way, I feel like I am making progress on the sock yarn stash.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is nice!!

4/12/09 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home