Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tufts baby socks

In addition to the 3 pairs of adult pairs of socks I made for Soctoberfest, I also finished this one pair of baby socks. These were super fast, cute, and at only ~80 yards of fingering weight, they are a great use for leftover bits of sock yarn.

Pattern: Booties by Sansi Rosner
Pattern Source: Not Just Socks
Size: 6 months
Yarn: Mind's Eye Yarns Merino/Tencel
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 2 / 2.75mm

After I graduated, I asked Lucy if she could dye some sock yarn in the colors of Tufts University. The result has been sitting in my stash, waiting for just the right idea. The length of the color repeats looked just perfect for baby items.

So I took out my copy of Not Just Socks to check out the coordinating items for the baby sweater in there. (You may remember the smores sweater I made with that pattern.)

I made the same modification to these socks where I skipped the rolled edge, which I just can not bring myself to like if followed immediately by ribbing. Instead I jumped right into the garter ribbing. Besides the fact that these are really socks, not booties, I have no other real complaints about the pattern. They are cute and unisex. You could lean one way or another with color choice, but the pattern is just right either way.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Love the colors, cute little socks. Socks are something I've not yet tackled. Someday...I keep saying that. lol

Just doing some blog walking to fellow Homespun members who have blogs, as I wait for the kids to start knocking on the door wanting their candy.

Happy Halloween
Sandy

29/10/09 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home