Sunday, March 11, 2007

Well loved socks

I have heard people say that they can't imagine spending all that knitting time on a pair of socks since they get so much wear. I guess there is something to the feeling that you want your effort to result in heirlooms sometimes, but there is no better feeling than when socks get returned to you because they have been worn to the point where they stop being wearable.

My daughter came to me recently to let me know that she couldn't wear her "purple stripey socks" anymore. The toes had gotten too snug, and they just didn't fit anymore. This isn't a huge surprise. They were my first completed pair of socks (though I had made a single lonesome sock for myself before that) and they were also the first time I tried to do 2 socks at once all in honor of the Knitting Olympics last February. I am impressed they lasted this long! (Look at those long narrow rabbit feet!)

Given that I have sock surgery experience it was no problem to rip out the old toes and put in new ones. Now they look better than new! (I say better because let's face it, my toes have gotten neater over time.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Excellent fix! They look good :)

14/3/07 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home