FO: Crocheted Baby Blanket
Fiber: 100% Acrylic
Hook: Size H (5.00 mm)
Center Panel Pattern: Lacy Afghan Pattern For Lapghan or Baby Blanket
This is my very first real crocheted project, and as such I don't think that it came out too badly. Originally I crocheted this to be a square 36" blanket. I would have loved to have made it 36" by 48", but ultimately the deadline of the baby shower this weekend was just looming too close and I opted to finishing quickly. After washing and drying, however, I found that the dimensions had changed. The final dimensions ended up being 32" by 37". Hmmm... interesting.
Here is a closeup on the central stitch pattern (see link above). At first I was worried that it would be too delicate and girly considering this was for a little boy, but in the end I decided that I like it quite a bit. And after washing and drying it is very snuggly and soft.
Sorry for the flash here, but I wanted to show a close up of what I did with the corner. The blanket looked a little unfinished to me so I added 3 rows of a dc border, finishing with a sc row. Since I have never added a border, I wasn't sure about the "right way" to do the corners. Despite the fact that I sort of winged it, it turned out fairly well I think. Ok, time to rush off to the baby shower!