Monday, February 12, 2007

Stormy Winter Sky

My last few rovings that I have done have been a bit on the bright side, so I wanted to try for something a bit more subdued. Ahah, I thought. This month's project spectrum colors includes grey. What if I use some to tone down the brights I get from the Wilton's dyes? And so I did this roving using Jaquard acid dye (in black), citric acid, Wilton's icing dye (in aqua), and some more Correidale roving from Misty of Three Elms Farm.


I really like how this turned out, and I think that it will spin up with some nice bright flashes balanced with some darker brooding ones. Now I just need to poke the love of my life to get working on my wheel. (No it is still not fixed.) I have 54g, so I am not sure what weight I want to spin it, but I definitely want to make it into a plied yarn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home