Friday, February 02, 2007

Clam Chowder

I know I promised this wouldn't become a food blog, but I was so amused by the fact that part of dinner fit our new Project Spectrum color scheme that I had to share. Yesterday while I was out with my sister, she mentioned her super easy corn chowder recipe*. I didn't have the corn to make that, but I did have chopped clams in the pantry so...


Clam Chowder
  • 8 oz can evaporated milk
  • 4-5 baby red bliss potatoes
  • 4-5 baby carrots
  • 1/3 c frozen corn kernels
  • 3 oz can chopped clams in clam juice
  1. Scrub potatoes and chop small (~1 cm^3), leaving skins on. Chop carrots in small rounds (~0.5 cm thick).
  2. Heat potatoes and carrots in a pan with evaporated milk. Add clam juice reserving clams for later. Stir occasionally to prevent scalding, keeping heat from being too high.
  3. Cook until potatoes are done. Then add corn, clams, and salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Serve when heated through.
* Take 2-10.5 oz cans creamed corn and mix with 2-8 oz cans of evaporated milk. Cook on a low heat until thickened slightly to desired consistency. Stir occasionally to prevent scalding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home