Thursday, January 18, 2007

FO: Preemie Hats

A friend recently sent me over to read an LiveJournal post by someone who is trying to collect 100 preemie hats in the local area. My friend just knew I was a knitter, but little did she know I am also trying to use up sock weight yarn. This these 2 projects were born, and they are great. Practically instant gratification! (And please note my stunning model who was rescued from the Goodwill bag just for this shoot.)

The first was made with yarn left over from the ball of Regia 6-ply that I had made my daughter's mittens with. Best of all no left overs. At the end there was absolutely none left over from the single skein.

Yarn: Regia 6 ply Crazy Color color 5263
Supplier: Little Knits
Pattern: Bev's Preemie 3 Needle Cap
Needles: US Size 3 DPNs for ribbing & US Size 6 DPNs
Yardage: ~20 yards
Marathon Yardage: 580 yards


Yarn: Regia 6 ply Crazy Color color 5261
Supplier: Little Knits
Pattern: my own ribbed hat pattern
Needles: US Size 3 DPNs
Yardage: ~25 yards
Marathon Yardage: 605 yards

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home